Eat more salmon because:
- It helps reduce your risk of cancer.
- It helps improve your cardiovascular health.
- It helps improve your cognition.
- It protects your bones and joints.
- It gives you healthier skin.
- It improves your vision.
- It improves your metabolism.
- It is known to calm children with ADHD.
- It is rich in omega-3 fatty acids.
- It is a good source of easily digestible proteins.
- It is rich in vitamins and minerals such as zinc, phosphorus, calcium, iron and vitamins A and D.
- It’s good for your oral health.
Here fishy, fishy!
Salmon are found in native tributaries of the North Atlantic and Pacific Ocean. A variety of species of salmon have been introduced into non-native environments such as the Great Lakes and Patagonia in South America. They are also farmed in many parts all around the world.
Powerful Facts That Will Make You Wanna Give A Salmon A Kiss On Its Mouth
When in doubt, kiss a fish!
- Salmon can smell one drop of scent in an area the equivalent of ten Olympic size pools.
- They change colors over the course of their lifetime.
- They’re “anadromous,” which means they live in both fresh and salt water.
Easy salmon recipe for your palate and your health!
Herb Roasted Salmon Fillets (Taste of Home)
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. minced fresh thyme
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place salmon in a greased baking pan (skin side down) Combine remaining ingredients; spread over fillets. Roast to desired doneness, 15-18 minutes.
Pairing Your Salmon With A Wine Buddy
Stacy Slinkard from The Spruce Eats suggests a pink wine with this “pink” meat. A rose wines, Stacy states, “tend to be a no-brainer for many salmon dishes, from grilled to smoked and poached to pate, the medley of red fruit, dry, mineral driven character and typically acute acidity in rose wines make for an exceptionally accommodating salmon pairing partner.”
Is salmon good for my dental health?
You betcha! The vitamin D found in salmon is vital for your oral health. It allows your body to absorb and use calcium. This helps protect your teeth and gums from gum disease.
Our mission at Les Belles NYC is to provide you with the highest quality dental care by employing our unique brand of modern holistic dentistry. Our talented team mixes cutting-edge technology and a holistic mindset to help you achieve optimal oral health, and have fun along the way. We encourage you to reach into nature and fish for healthy ways to protect and promote your dental and overall health. Let’s keep fishing together!