The beginning of 2018 greets us with a warm and inviting welcome. Our nation begins the year by honoring a man who embodied the spirit of welcome. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. valued progress and moving forward in health and unity with all mankind.
“If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” –Martin Luther King Jr.
He knew that in order for progress and forward movement to happen, barriers of racism needed to be removed. His life is an inspiration for us today, and we have much to be grateful for because of his life’s passion.
You have something inside of you that desires to progress as well. If there are obstacles in your life that are holding you back from moving forward in freedom from your past, why not take the beginning of this year to get a fresh start?
Cleansing rituals can assist you in getting a fresh start or restart physically. They can be a way to reach back and reclaim what once was, or to get rid of burdens that are weighing you down and prohibit progress.
Toxins are one burden you may not expectant to be carrying around in your body. They can come from the environment, lifestyle, internally and even your emotions. Your immune system works to remove toxins from your body. If there is an excess level of toxins stored up, they can cause negative symptoms, because the toxins want to escape and typically their escape route becomes your skin.
Here are five self-cultivating rituals you can do to assist your body in flushing out toxins that might be robbing your skin and body of its glow and optimal functioning.
1. Take a Bath – That’s right! You read it correctly. One of your treasured activities could assist your cleansing process in your body. Be sure to add Epsom salt to your twenty-minute bath. Epsom salt will not only ease your sore muscles, but the magnesium sulfate will flush your toxins from your body. Your restored and relaxed body will thank you by becoming more relaxed and stress-free.
2. Take a Nap – Again, you’re welcome for such great news. Sleeping will help rejuvenate your body’s functions, including detoxification and elimination. When you sleep space is created in your brain cells and can increase your sleeping ability.
3. Stretch it Out – Stretching and other exercise assist with removing toxins in your body. These activities increase your oxygen levels in your cells. Your cell’s “engines” are then stimulated and ready for blood and lymphatic circulation.
4. Drink Plenty of Water -Your kidneys enjoy the refreshing flush that drinking water provides. Water is also beneficial to your skin. Well-hydrated skin provides you with a healthy glow. For most people, drinking eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day is recommended. Also consider how you can consume fruits and vegetables that contain high water content. Eat four servings of fruits and five servings of vegetables per day. They will reduce your risk of caner and other diseases as well.
High Water Content Fruits and Vegetables:
5. Exfoliate – Exfoliation stimulates your blood flow. When you perform the exfoliation movement it helps move your toxins around your body and flushes them out. This increased blood flow process also helps give strength to your skin tissue making it healthy living tissue. Try these natural exfoliating ingredients: honey, yogurt, sugar, lemon juice, and papaya. Follow your exfoliation with a good moisturizer for maximum benefits.
At Les Belles NYC, we know the importance of a fresh start. We believe the avoidance and elimination of toxins in our dental material and environment is important. We treat you as a whole individual, Les Belles NYC is looking forward to greeting you in our office!